Death Toll In New Zealand Shootings Stands At 49

(AP) -New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush says the death toll has increased to 49 in shootings at two mosques.

Bush told a news conference that a man has been charged with murder and will appear in court tomorrow. He would not say whether the same shooter was responsible for both attacks.

A man who earlier claimed responsibility said he was a 28-year-old Australian and described anti-immigrant motives in a manifesto.

Police earlier said four people had been taken into custody, and one had been identified as Australian. However, Bush didn’t mention the other people.

Bush clarified that police had found two improvised explosive devices in one car. He said they had disabled one and were in the process of disabling the second.

SHARE

RELATED CONTENT

Bradley Men’s Basketball Off To NCAA Tournament ISP: Medical Emergency Closes Down Part Of I-74 Braves Send Off Tuesday At RenCol Peoria Ag Lab To Stay Open Wardle Says Braves Thrilled With Michigan State Matchup Death Toll In Dutch Attacks Rises To Three
Comments