Having kids is tough. One of the topics on today’s Morning Mix is how sometimes parents tell their kids the most ridiculous LIES either make them behave, or to make the kids do what Mom and Dad want them to do. What are some of craziest things your parents told you, or what wild things have you told YOUR kids?
Here are a few favorites we found from an online survey:
1. To make them stop eating in bed, someone’s parents told them that if they ate lying down, they’d turn into a snake.
2. A woman wouldn’t eat beef when she was a kid, but loved chicken. So when her mom made beef, she claimed it was just “brown chicken.”
3. A woman’s mom told her that if the ice cream truck was playing music, it meant they were OUT of ice cream.
4. Someone’s mom told them that if they fell asleep with headphones on, their ears would explode.
5. A guy loved to flip the lights on and off as a kid . . . until his parents said it would signal the cops, and they’d show up at their house.
6. Someone’s mom claimed it was illegal to go see the same movie twice.
7. A dad convinced his kids that the button in their car that turned the hazard lights on was actually an “eject” button.